Music Banter - View Single Post - New TBS CD
Thread: New TBS CD
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 12:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
felix
Groupie

I've had the CD for a while now (I downloaded it back in early July) but I did manage to get to the mall and buy it today. I really liked it when I first listened to it. But as I listened to it more I found myself not so thrilled by it. I have to say I liked Tell All Your Friends much more. I didn't want to believe that Nolan leaving would make such a huge difference, but his absence becomes appearant quickly. The songs don't have the same emotion and the lyrics on the new disk aren't the same. The highlights on the disk would have to be Bonus Mosh Pit Part 2, Slowdance On The Inside(more like the old stuff) and Little Devotional(very catchy). And I don't think getting play on MTV is such bad thing either. If they can become rich and famous doing what they love, all the best to them. Theres no need to be bitter because Average Joe enjoys whichever singles MTV decides to air of your once "little-known" band.

P.S. For anyone who hasn't checked out John's new band Straylight Run I suggest you do. You can download what they've tracked so far at www.straylightrun.com
felix is offline   Reply With Quote