Music Banter - View Single Post - Putting It Into Words: Why the heck do I love this stuff?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

Dude, whoever it was that said Regine Chassagne looks like she has down syndrome... that is one of the most unnecessarily cruel things I've ever heard. I adore Regine, she's beautiful.

As for Community, I could talk for days about the kind of genius Dan Harmon is. I don't even know where to start to engage you in a discussion about it. Screenwriting is my secret passion the way some people daydream about being rockstars or models, and Dan Harmon has had the greatest impact on my writing, after Black Books being what inspired me to try writing in the first place.

If I could choose to relive any episode of television as if it were for the first time, I'd choose to go back to Community's first paintball episode. The wonder and pure elation I felt when I realized that they were making a movie out of television is kind of indescribable. I watched the whole thing on the edge of sanity and it completely changed the way I view sitcoms.

I've been playing around with writing an entry on Community as well, but I can't seem to sit down and funnel my feelings into a structure to do it; I've really lost a lot of passion for my own journal, although my need for cognition probably thrives more today than it did when I was writing.

Fingers crossed for Hulu to pick up Community; I hear they're talking. Honestly, I think that just like Arrested Development, Community is going to be one of those television legends that seriously impacts American sitcom production, whether it impacts the format, humour, and pop culture as A.D. did, or the very medium of television itself (as clearly the network format is broken).
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote