Music Banter - View Single Post - Atheism and its negative stigma...
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
For your point to make sense she would have had to, as a theist, attack atheism, and we would have then had to respond in a confrontational manner. She did not attack atheism, and we did not attack anybody's position as a theist. She came in with a confrontational, off-topic post, as she tends to, frequently, and always has done, more often than not without being able to actually argue her position convincingly even if someone does take the bait, and was called on it without any name-calling. I don't see how we're being *******s.
FTFY.

Anyway, to expand my point slightly - Atheism provides no reason to deny yourself the opportunity to change faiths. There is no directive in atheism that says you shouldn't simply decide one day that you've been wrong, and go adopt a faith.

This stands in stark contrast to every other religious system ever to exist, which all state that leaving the religion will result in some form or variant of divine punishment, either before or after death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote