Music Banter - View Single Post - The Anthill 2.0: Albums, Artists & The Chance To Win A Million Dollars!
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 06:57 PM   #55 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Anteater's Top 10 Post-80's AOR & Glam Metal Records

Quote:
Definition Of AOR - AOR (Adult Oriented Rock) is a sub-genre of Rock that emerged in the late '70s and early '80s as an amalgamation of Rock, Hard Rock and Progressive Rock. It is characterized by a rich, layered sound, slick production and a heavy reliance on pop/rock hooks, which led to its huge popularity in the late '70s and early '80s.

Some of the earliest - and also the most well known - AOR bands include names like Asia, Boston, Foreigner, Journey, Survivor and Toto.

Definition of Glam "Hair" Metal - You kiddin' me?
Anyway, I'll be spending the next ten posts going over my ten favorite albums in the AOR and "Hair" metal genres of the last twenty years. Contrary to popular belief, music in these styles didn't die off just because alternative rock, grunge and prog. metal came to the forefront in the early 90's. I'm sure you all remember my 80's AOR thread from awhile back, so now its time to check out what's been going on since that time.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't bother even doing series like this unless I didn't think these were all excellent additions to any musical collection, so take the expert's word for it and enjoy the albums, cheese and all.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote