Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #15652 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Where can I even begin about the nightmare of this day?

Recently our management team has decided to give the duty of 'fitting room attendant' to everyone who's scheduled to work on the floor during the week (except, according to the new memo, for weekends - when there will be someone who is the designated attendant all day). However, this doesn't change the fact that our daily schedule layout is unchanged on weekends - which means that one of us will be assigned two locations of duty, to manage by oneself.

Spoiler for story nobody cares about:
I was the "backup" cashier until 4pm. I was also in charge of the fitting rooms. This was (at the bare minimum) manageable until about 3pm. I was stuck at the register for at least 2 hours. The one I was using crashed (as it always does - it's always that register that crashes for no reason and the scanner doesn't work anymore), so I had to switch to the next register (which could have been over or short, given that I didn't have time to count it and document its contents, as I'm supposed to).

I became irritated more than once, I'll admit, but I never once sassed my female manager (because she works so hard - she's my role model on the job). She was heading out for the day as the 3rd cashier was coming in. This was around 5.

The following things were the result of my absence from the fitting rooms:

Multiple abandoned baskets & carts full of clothes, hangers, random shit, etc.

A total of 6 sorted racks to roll at the end of the night. (These racks are able to hold at least 50-70 items.)

Fitting rooms full of inside-out clothes all over the place.

Once the necessities of the salesfloor were cleared away, I enlisted the help of a couple of my associates.

We got all but one rack rolled.

Our store closes at 7; we were only scheduled to be in til 8.

We left around 8:30. Why?

Because the supervisor I enjoy the very least is a goddamn idiot, taking his time to do things that other supervisors have done in under 15 minutes. He took 45. And he forgot a couple things. And he was just pissing us off.

He looked at the fitting room area and says "you're just going to leave that rack there?"

I'd had it with him and snapped "we had six of them".

He says "oh, I was just asking". No, you were being an ass.

As he was headed toward the breakroom, I asked "are you ready to go?"

He says "yep!"

To which I said "and it's only 8:30! Nice work" (sarcastic)

I don't even care what he thinks of me. I could do his job with my eyes closed. I have done his job. On a larger scale. A much, much larger and more stressful scale. He's such an idiot, and I can't wait til he gets fired.