Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #27929 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
And these kids, my age. It's so hard not to be envious and bitter around people who's parents pay for them to go to college and pay for their rent and ****. I can't even remember the last time I was able to buy new clothes. It's been at least a year.
I hear that.

Look into some of the services that your state/county provide. There is help for low-income people who want to better themselves, but they aren't advertised or promoted. You have to seek them out. Services such as this example from where I live:

Job Seekers | Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership | Job Seekers

I know people who have jumped through the hoops they require and came out with a great career on the other side. It's a lot of work, but well worth it. They even pay you to go to school in some cases.

My solution was to join the Army for college money, which worked out well. I'm the Senior Structural Designer/IT Manager/CAD Manager/Marketing Manager for a small firm that designs fire training structures. It's where I'm at now, but I've also worked for some of the biggest corporations in the US in the past, and it's all because I was tired of being a pee-on, and took the necessary steps to rectify that depressing situation. I come from a broken family that didn't have a lot of money, and couldn't afford to put me through school.