Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog Rock Album Club
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #870 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
I'd prefer open formatting. Rather than pick favorites and least favorites, I'd just discuss each song of note a little bit in terms of the melody and harmony and give an overall impression (+ number at bottom).

When it comes to album selection, I don't know if I'm proficient enough to what prog encompasses. I know a lot of Pink Floyd and Iron Maiden. But either way, I'd like to to see some human suggested albums rather than random ones.
Well, I did compile my list by hand, so technically there is a human element in there. :P

I like to think the whole point of this club is to explore, review and maybe even discuss the various elements of albums that pop up and try to broaden everyone's knowledge of just how varied and interesting prog can be. Trollheart tried to accomplish this by picking albums from "authority" lists, but that was a tad too unfocused.

Whether its a guy like me or a complete newbie to progressive rock, I think its best that everyone gets a fair shot at suggesting what the rest of us should review each week. Plus it might encourage new people to join in.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote