Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #2281 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
Please do not compare Lebron James to Michael Legendary Jordan.

and Lebron is DEFINITLY not Jordan.

Period
I literally have no idea how or why you thought I was comparing the two. I was dismissing the notion that the shot from Ray Allen in game 6 was a once in a lifetime shot, it's just not. I agree it's very rare, but there have been a few others like it, "The Shot" for one-which is why I brought up Jordan.

Quote:
Miami relies heavily on James, Wade and Bosh to score for most of their points.
This statement right here is COMPLETELY irrelevant to this discussion. This is called appealing to emotion and that's a logical fallacy. The Bulls relied heavily on Jordan until Pippen showed up, so what the hell difference does it make where a team gets their scoring from??
This statement is just that...just a statement that serves no other purpose than to make people angry about the Heat.
Quote:
And you know what else?

Miami did not have to play a really hard team to get to the Finals.
This statement is the exact same emotional appeal bull**** as the above statement. The lack of good teams in the Eastern Conference outside of the Pacers, Heat, and maybe the Hawks has absolutely nothing to do with how good the Heat are. I don't know how you think this is relevant but it's just not relevant at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
The Spurs had to play against a possesed electric Wesbrooke and a future Hall of Famer Durant to get to the Fianls. Miami is NO where on that level lol
here's 5 random articles that support Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, LeBron, and Allen as future Hall of Famer's.

NBA & ABA Leaders and Records for Hall of Fame Probability | Basketball-Reference.com
Predicting Which Current NBA Stars Will Make the Hall of Fame | Bleacher Report
NBA: Top 20 Active Players with Best Chances of Making Hall of Fame | SPORTS LIST OF THE DAY
Chris Bosh among 18 active players likely to make Hall - NBA - Ian Thomsen - SI.com
20 Current NBA Players Bound For The Hall of Fame | The Hoop Doctors

That link from Bleacher Report is two-years old-You got that? When Bosh was 28 he was still talented enough to be considered HOF material.

The most important of those links is the first one, which lists the probability of every player in the league for getting into the Hall of Fame based on certain criteria that is aggregated to a single percentage. Here's a list for the Heat players if you don't want to find them out individually:

Dwayne Wade: 99% probability
LeBron James: 99% probability
Chris Bosh: 96% probability
Ray Allen: 94% probability

For comparison, here are the Spurs..
Tim Duncan 99% probability
Tony Parker 89% probability
Manu Ginobili 12% probability

Also, here's something another member said about the Heat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Here's some plain old stats for you:

Player A Career Stats:
13.3 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 3.4 assists, 0.8 steals, 2.2 blocks

Player A Awards and Accomplishments:
2x NBA Champion
1x NBA Finals MVP
1x NBA MVP
2x All Star

Player B Career Stats:
19.3 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 2.0 assists, 0.8 steals, 1.1 blocks

Player B Awards and Accomplishments:
2x NBA Champion
8x All Star

Player A is Bill Walton. He was a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame. Player B, who has very similar stats, is Chris Bosh.

Despite your (unfounded) belief that the Spurs are superior to the Heat talent wise, the Heat undisputedly have 4 HOF-caliber players on their team, and the Spurs really only have 2 for sure (Ginobili is on fence for the Hall of Fame depending on who you talk to.)
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote