Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #2285 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Yeah but defense isn't particularly accolade worthy hence why defensive-oriented players rarely are inducted into the hall of fame. And don't get me wrong, I do not mean to be use the HOF candidates as the end-all of team caliber, but a player's high-HOF likelihood is usually at least a moderately good indicator of a player's talent.

Also, to go into more detail, Chris Bosh was the face of the Toronto franchise for 7 years before he came to Miami. Someone like Ginobili may be able to claim at least part of the face of the Spurs franchise, but not in the same way Bosh can for Toronto, or in the same way Duncan can for the Spurs.
Part of Ginobli's greatness is tied to his ability to rise up and play his best in the playoffs. Hes certainly streaky, but i'd say hes hall of fame caliber, but is currently short on numbers. Tim Duncan will always be the face of the franchise til he retires. Bosh has a few more years to earn his credentials also in my eyes, but is certainly talented enough. I give the nod in coaching to Pop, which is why i believe it goes seven.