Music Banter - View Single Post - *** The Themed Weekly Member Mixtape Thread Is Back ***
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #383 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

1. Coil - The Dreamer Is Still Asleep (bob.)....what can i say....i love Coil....i don't remember my dreams but i really hope this is what they sound like
2. Colin Stetson - A Dream of Water (Frownland)....kind of beat coffee bar jazz with wonderful spoken work....and water at the end....great track
3. Draconian - A Slumber Did My Spirit Seal (Carpe Mortem)....not bad....a little to "epic" for me....is this really considered "doom metal"?....she has a very pretty voice....his made me laugh a bit
4. Hallucinogen - Gamma Goblins (It's Turtles All the Way Down Mix) (Mondo Bungle)....not bad....i was a little hesitant as i just don't like Shpongle or their concept of what a psychedelic experience should be....but this was interesting....it got a little stale in the middle but really picked right back up
5. Leadbelly - Where Did You Sleep Last Night? (hate paper doll)....a great version of...well what could only be called one of the most important songs in American history
6. R.E.M. - The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite (hate paper doll) one of the better tracks from Automatic For the People....really makes me want to go back and listen to it....i tend to concentrate on their older albums these days
7. The Postal Service - Sleeping In (hate paper doll) i always confuse Postal Service with another band and then i remember that its that fucker from Death Cab....in all honesty this song was really good....just don't think i'm willing to let it all go
8. The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me (hate paper doll) one of my favorite tracks from Strangeways.....and a perfect track for the topic
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote