Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles
Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 03:05 PM   #332 (permalink)
javerend
Groupie

I personally have a couple favorites (and from a band with such an impressive discography it's hard to narrow it down that much):

Nowhere Man (Rubber Soul): This song showed a piece of the shift from the masters of the 3 minute pop-song Beatles to the Beatles who were starting to be artists. Also the little blue guy in the Yellow Submarine is unforgettable.

Eleanor Rigby (Revolver): The infinite sadness. Few songs had at the time, incorporated strings as well as they managed to, and with that new base gave us the ability to gaze into the lonely souls of humanity.

A Day in the Life (Sgt. Pepper): Moving into their most musically inspirational, if not greatest, album this song covers the daily life, the disconnect with the tragedies of death and the world, and is an example of some of their finest songwriting.

The Fool on the Hill (Magical Mystery Tour): The Man of a thousand voices is talking perfectly loud, guys.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps (White Album): Pretty sure this one is an all around favorite, good writing, catchy guitar, and a rather tame song off of the same album as Wild Honey Pie.

Hey Bulldog (Yellow Submarine): It was always my aspiration as a child to be able to play this on piano. That's the reason I started learning all those years ago: I really wanted to play this song; but just the opening piano part. Do I know it yet? Nope.

Golden Slumber / Carry the Weight / The End (Abbey Road): 7 years after their first release, millions of fans and hundreds of songs later, these 3 songs bring everything together and tie it up into a beautiful crescendo of music and sound that leave you swirling and wishing there would be more.

I have a blog thing!

Last edited by javerend; 06-05-2014 at 03:06 PM. Reason: misspelling
javerend is offline   Reply With Quote