Music Banter - View Single Post - World Cup 2014 thread
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #276 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
He was one of their best players in 2010. Its all relative to competition. Messi hasn't impressed in bog competitions either and hes the best player in the world. Same can be said of Ronaldo. Its not about him playing down to the competition, its the competition shutting them down on a higher level. As an American I am resigned to the USA not making the knock out round.
They've both dominated European club football for the past 5 years though. That's what I meant. Even if we ignore that, Messi is a gold medallist and Ronaldo was superb in 2004, 2006 and 2012. I've not seen the same level of performance from Ribery.

France were a real shambles in 2010 so that wasn't really an achievement to be the best of a bad bunch. I'm not saying Ribery is shit, just think he's a bit of a myth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaer View Post
And you discard Germany? I see them clearly winners of the competition.
No, root means, support, and I would like the Netherlands to win one after losing three finals, they deserve it for their impact on the sport, and I would like Argentina to just go HAM and slap their dicks all over Brazil (and for Messi).
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote