Music Banter - View Single Post - System of a Down
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #1421 (permalink)
BubblesErotica36
Groupie

yes and no. i say that because i question their relevance. As you can see by my user name that i am a huge SOAD fan, but would their new album be just to appease their already fans? or could they TRULY benefit (new fans, new exposure, new opportunities, etc) from making a new album. i think even Serj's and Daron's solo efforts themselves already perpetuate the inevitability of what a new SOAD album would do, and that is just appeal to the fans.

it'd be like if Rage Against The Machine were to make a new album, are they relevant in a market where they wouldn't do well. if Rage and SOAD were brand new bands to come out in this era, they might be lucky to play bar shows. Same with Nirvana, and Pantera, they released GREAT albums, but what real good could come from them releasing new albums (i'm saying hypothetically of course).

but to me that's the genius of these bands, they are all great musicians, that released some amazing music, but to release a new album just to appease their fans… the question is why? when they could just do a reunion show every so often, make some money, and use it to further their own projects.
BubblesErotica36 is offline   Reply With Quote