Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 04:34 PM   #1954 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
Why is it always stats vs watch the games as if theyre mutually exclusive. It's like you think i just read spreadsheets and have never seen a game in my life.

I think what makes people love quick so much is the way he makes saves. He's very good at extending across the crease and making saves that look incredible whereas Rask or Lundqvist make them look more routine. Just a theory but Quick is more likely to make a highlight real save than the other two, but that doesnt mean hes better.

I havent been able to see a lick of these finals unfortunately, so I cant really comment on it, but no generally I wont change my opinion of a player based on 1 shutout they had. Anyone can look good in small sample sizes.
That's how Quick plays though. While Rask/Lundqvist shouldn't be discredited for being positional goalies, Quick shouldn't be criticized for being aggressive. For Quick, that's what it's all about, coupled with using his unbelievable lateral movement to cover up for being so far out. Either way though, Quick is just way better when it matters most. Lundqvist and Rask have a reputation for fizzling out, whereas Quick elevates his game.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote