Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #1647 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
I have that problem with white trash.

Those types of people just disgust me, with their shitty clothes, lack of ability to properly dress themselves, repulsive grammar, redneck attitudes, hordes of children.... ugh. They make me fucking sick. (I realize that's really such a rude thing to say but no matter how broke I've ever been, I've never been trash.)
I'm not gonna lie, it's not just the white trash and rednecks that I don't really click with. A disproportionate percentage of minorities are poor, so... yeah. It is what it is. I won't be surprised if I catch some flak for that, but it's nothing personal. If you're brought up in that kind of "poor culture" (if somebody has a better term than that I'm all ears) then chances are we just don't have anything much to say to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Does that mean you hate yourself?
It's not about the money. It's the culture you're brought up in. I'm certainly not burning up the social ladder, but my family is still solidly middle class in mindset and so am I. Same thing with whatever you want to call "cool" people. I'm a dork. I generally have nothing much to say to someone who actually cares about wearing name brand clothing.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote