Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #1650 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not gonna lie, it's not just the white trash and rednecks that I don't really click with. A disproportionate percentage of minorities are poor, so... yeah. It is what it is. I won't be surprised if I catch some flak for that, but it's nothing personal. If you're brought up in that kind of "poor culture" (if somebody has a better term than that I'm all ears) then chances are we just don't have anything much to say to each other.
Exactly. I'm not exactly wealthy by any means (I do live quite comfortably, mostly due to the fact that I don't have any brats crawling up my leg) but a lot of poor people really have no idea how to act. It's not completely their fault if they were brought up in a culture of Billy-Bobs and momma's having her 12th kid or whatever, but still. I tend to passively ignore them or avoid them as much as possible (as they're also really annoying - I get a lot of attention from these people because of my hair, or the things I wear or whatever, and they're just attracted to me and wanting my attention) because they're just unpleasant.