Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favorite Metallica album?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #134 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfanatic View Post
I think that 1st Megadeth album was poorly made. Especially Mechanix; what a piece of bleep!
****. That.

The first Megadeth album was fantastic. Never again was Dave that pissed off. Whether or not later albums were more polished Killing Is My Business was pure raw rage and energy. And I will forever love that album for the main riff to the title track. Aw man, and "Last Rights/Loved to Deth" is such a monster. Thrash perfected. Dave might be an egomaniac who all but says that he invented thrash, but with a song like that he may have the slightest point. ****, they even made a Nancy Sinatra song bad-****ing-ass. Killing Is My Business might even be my fav Megadeth album. Either that or Rust In Peace.
Not to derail this thread or anything, but I totally agree with everything the Batlord said, especially the riff on Loved to Deth being legendary, though the Four Horsemen is way way way way better than Mechanix as Hetfield is a better singer, that added bridge was bad ***, the lyrics in Four was better, and making a song faster ≠ better IMO.

Also, Holy Wars and hangar 18 are basically everything good about extreme speed, technical thrash metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangenstein View Post
Black Album
Anyway, back to Metallica. May I ask why you chose the black album?

EDIT: oh, well this is awkward. I'm talking to myself.

On the plus side, that's one less person who voted for the black album, heh.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote