Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #460 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade_City View Post
I'm glad you're not one of those silly 13 year olds that goes around thinking older music is better. I can't stand those annoying pictures all over Facebook with 2pac captioned "If I was still alive, Lil Wayne would be working at Mcdonalds" . I think the problem is that when people say stupid **** like older music is better, they're simply looking at the mainstream and taking it at face value, and essentially just thinking that chart music is the only music that exists. Mainstream music has always been primarily terrible, 70's, 80's, 90's whatever. There's always good music out there, and people who say otherwise frankly just don't know anything about music at all really.
Mainstream music is not terrible. Saying that it is is almost as insane as saying today's music is terrible. Unless you mean to say JT, Eminem, and Pharrel Williams are terrible musicians, it's not possible to say mainstream music is terrible.

Also, from my experience, people my age think completely the other way around about music: it's all about today's music and not older music.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote