Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 06:03 AM   #468 (permalink)
thecornman
Groupie

I am 42 and have been playing guitar for 28 years! Played in a few bands early on then took a few years off of the band scene to raise my kids. Got back into the playing scene a few years back when my kids got older. I have now been playing with the best group of guys for the last year or so. Mainly working on our own original music, but we also have learned a good pile of covers to fill space up until we have enough of our own stuff. For covers it is mostly alternative hard rock with mostly 90's content. Through my years of playing I have studied blues, metal, classic rock, prog, stoner rock, pop, funk, disco and eastern music. There is never to much to learn when it comes to music.

As for guitars I have many, but all I really play are four partscasters I put together myself. Two Strats and two Telecasters. These are all custom built to the specs I like the best. For amps I prefer low wattage tube amps that can be cranked to the sweet spot at band volumes. I mainly have been using a Fended Pawn Shop Surf Green Excelsior as of late. Sometimes I go with my Laney LC15-R through a two 2-12 Celestion cabinet. For effects I have to many to list and rotate what I use on my band board depending on my mood. I huge part of them are Boss, because I feel they are top notch.
thecornman is offline   Reply With Quote