Music Banter - View Single Post - World Cup 2014 thread
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #325 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Benteke View Post
Makes sense. That last bit reminds me, the US are playing in the Copa America now . Not the next one, one after I think.
They started playing in it in the 1990s, then changed their minds and dropped out, I remember they had a famous victory one year against Argentina in the CA as well. Also Japan used to play in it and Costa Rica as well, I seem to remember Honduras also playing in it, around this time all these teams used to get invites. But Mexico was the team that was always invited.

Quote:
Fair enough, showed my ignorance there a bit didn't I . I was aware of the make up, heard a saying about Argentina that they're a nation of Italians who speak Spanish and think they're Parisians living in London. & half my family come from Mexico & Belize funnily enough .
The Italians were the big second wave of immigrants and brought a lot of their culture with them. Buenos Aires is like London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona and Lisbon all rolled into one. But its pretty rundown and dirty these days.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote