Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #15745 (permalink)
Sockface
Groupie

Today, it was really warm outside so I went out to play some music. Armed with an ukulele (my most portable instrument) I walked around playing mindlessly, enjoying the weather. It was nice. People smiled at me sometimes, and would ask me stuff about my "little guitar".

Then as I was walking past a convenience store, I heard a few guys catcalling me and yelling "Hey!" so I went over there to ask them what they wanted. They got scared and ran inside the convenience store when I went too close. So I started walking back, and they got back out and continued the cat calling. So I walked up to them again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

They didn't stop cat calling until I was completely out of eyesight, but wouldn't dare to actually face me.

Why? I'm not a scary person. I'm a 5'1 weak built girl. I probably couldn't even punch them. What's so intimidating?

(In hindsight, I really should have just walked into that convenience store and bought a soda. Just to see whether they'd flee.)

I was walking around with that uke to get better confidence in playing around people, but now my confidence is confused and won't function.

(Clarification: Cat calling is not a big thing in here. It's usually reserved for teasing.)

Last edited by Sockface; 06-13-2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Grammar
Sockface is offline   Reply With Quote