Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #4710 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard Donner View Post
Seriously though, my position is simple:

gender is fluid, sentient beings have inalienable rights, what you learned in Sunday school or at the dinner table from your folks is not the end-all be-all - being alive is hard for everyone, don't make it harder for others, help when you can, stand up for others, don't stifle anyone, every voice deserves to be heard.
Good position. I have difficulty reconciling your stated attitude with parts of it though. I would consider standing up for others and helping when you can to be something that would result in political motivation and a drive to promote good causes actively in those places where they're both relevant and also likely to be addressed rather than dismissed. Your earlier position seems to be a responsive one rather than a proactive one, and I imagine that can only come about one of two ways:

1 - As a fallible human being, you don't have the spare energy and capability to persistently promote your good cause, and have resorted to channeling that energy into reflexive discussions about specific injustices. This is a perfectly good reason, since after all, nobody can support every good cause at the same time - I just have problems with the way you go about it, as discussed.

2 - You're actually hyper politically active outside of this forum and for some reason, presumably some semblance of privacy, you choose not to share it with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!