Music Banter - View Single Post - Electro and Roger Troutman
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rexx Shredd
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade_City View Post
Different time periods though, you're comparing the more old-school less electronic funk bands that were prevalent in the 60's and 70's, s(
negative

Slave? prevelent period 1977 -1984 (almost the same timeframe as Zapp - lots of electronics)
Lakeside? prevelent period 1978 - 1987 (almost the same timeframe as Zapp - some electronics)
Brick? prevelent period 1976 -1988

you need to learn your funk history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade_City View Post
so this just seems to be a matter of opinion on your behalf, which is fine if you dislike the band, but no need to be a bit of a dick in the way you replied. (
not being a dick at all: you're hammering at me throughout this thread of how great composers they are of which I said they write an infectious groove and dont go anywhere with it and I dont consider that great composing. I also named other artists of similar time periods that I thought were far better composers of the genre ....Yes of course thats my opinion (granted my opinion is based on almost thirty years as a professional musician/composer -- as in: thats what I do for my job)...Even still. So what? i never said "Gee, dude, you're wrong"

As far as hearing their songs? i have Zapp's entire discography on CD...and I reach for it seldomly ( a couple of which i only listened to once like II and V as i thought they were disappointing) but I keep because I like having a CD collection of funk

dont hate because somebody disagrees with you

Last edited by Rexx Shredd; 06-13-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Rexx Shredd is offline   Reply With Quote