Music Banter - View Single Post - Electone vs Piano
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
blakevanderbilt
Groupie

Default Electone vs Piano

I've just taken my Yamaha Electone Grade 6 (for those of you unfamiliar, it's the highest "student" grade). I'm in my early 20s, and I started Yamaha Electone at a pretty young age, I had a lot of other more important and time-consuming commitments so it took this long for me to finish. Now I've always had an interest in the piano, and always admired people who could play it. I previously thought that I would never be able to learn how to play it since I'm already so "old" (in music I consider anyone above 18 to be too old to learn any instrument at ease). Recently I realised that this is a dream that I wasn't willing to give up, and since the Electone and Piano share certain characteristics such as the keyboard, I'm willing to give it a shot. I would certainly like someone with the experience in making this transition, and how easy/hard was it? I know it's definitely easier for someone coming from a piano background to be learning the Electone, since sight-reading is such a huge component in piano, and pieces are evidently so much more complex. Would appreciate it if someone were to give me some perspectives.
blakevanderbilt is offline   Reply With Quote