Music Banter - View Single Post - What If...?
Thread: What If...?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 07:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
mythsofmetal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
We'd have a lot more ****ty Mayhem albums and no Filosofem.
Filosofem not releasing would be a sad loss for sure, but at least we wouldn't have to suffer through Daudi Baldrs . Also, even since Euronymous died there've still been quite a few new Mayhem releases despite losing one of their biggest contributors, and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is good as long as you can tolerate the vocals, Deathcrush is good as well despite what I'd consider quite over the top poor lyrics.

Though, I ultimately wish neither died, I think I'm more content with the way things actually panned out because if Euronymous lived, I couldn't imagine what he could've possibly gotten himself into later. Also, what Varg could've gotten into if he wasn't arrested for Euronymous' death, since they were planning on blowing up some church with 150 kg of explosives, or at least were rumored to. An act like that would have been horrible, and would've probably harmed the Black Metal scene quite a lot more in the eyes of the media and others. Making it much more taboo to be any sort of fan of the music. As well as making my discovery and appreciation for my favourite sub-genre of Metal to listen to that much more unlikely to happen.
mythsofmetal is offline   Reply With Quote