Music Banter - View Single Post - Mastodon's new album "Once More 'Round The Sun"
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

I'm glad to hear this is an improvement on the hunter, these guys are way too good to pare their sound down like they did for that release, and it's just not their style. They did say though (or Bret hinds did I believe) that they wante to let loose and have a little more fun on that album, which explains the lack of a concept and possibly how the songs seemed more basic and jammish. I hope this one revives some of the madness of songs like "caparillian crest" which I think eat strode the line of super prog and clean, distinguished production. I also love their Down and dirty remission era stuff so hopefully there's some of that. Is there any concept you know of, btw?

Thanks for the report! I just saw em live an they killed it so I'm not too worried about them burning out or anything but I was hoping they'd bring a little more of their distinction to this release, and it sounds like they have for the most part.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote