Music Banter - View Single Post - What If...?
Thread: What If...?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 10:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Thanks I hadn't heard that, they had a really good guitarist, surprised they didn't go anywhere, but the one song at least sounds a bit NWOHM'ish so maybe they came to the game to late.
They were Cliff's band just before he joined Metallica so they were pre-thrash. That record was from 1984.

Quote:
Anyways here is another one. what if Dave Mustaine had never gone kookoo and we could still respect his political lyrics. He's ruined Megadeth for me!
He'd still suck. His lyrics are awful and annoying but Megadeth's music is uninspired and rehashed enough these days to suck on its own merits. I pretty much gave up on them after United Abominations. That was the third album in a row that was supposed to be their "comeback" album, and it was barely any better than the last one. ****, at least The System Has Failed had "Die Dead Enough". Dumb as **** song but it stays in your head for days.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote