Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #1981 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Kane has been "rumoured" to go to Boston ever since he knocked Cooke out. I don't buy it at all. Same with Boychuk. This isn't the first time he's been rumoured to go to Edmonton. No question Boston likes big-bodied wingers, but I don't think they take a chance on him with what happened to Seguin.

I agree with players on good teams to bad teams, although I do think there's something to be said for defensemen looking good in Boston's system. I think on average Bruins forwards get underrated and Bruins defensemen get overrated.

Edmonton is still in a bad situation IMO. They thought they'd be fine going with an offensive skill overload in their top 6, and now they're starting to realize they need more grit/toughness and are overloading their depth players with that type of player. It reminds me of what Burke tried to do in Toronto and it just didn't work. IMO by far their biggest issue is that their top 6 is unbelievably easy to play against. It's just pure offensive skill with no toughness or defensive responsibility. I think they really need to part with one of Eberle or Yakupov (maybe even RNH) to try to fix that, despite their value being at a low right now.

Last edited by Thom Yorke; 06-18-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote