Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #1982 (permalink)
Ninetales
Music Addict

hm well the reason that the oilers suck is certainly not that we have "too much skill". People keep saying that, but really if you look at the top 6, it's not even strong. Hall is a star. Nuge was shoved into playing against the best centers in the league from the start, and while I think he's very good, id rather him have been eased into it but its trial by fire in edmonton. Eberle is good, but i have my doubts of him getting 70+ points again unless hes surrounded by stars. Gagner was a tire fire in his own zone last year and seems like another player that relies on his linemates to dictate how good he can be (ie he'll get traded to chicago and play well haha). Yak is similar to gags last year in his d play, but if he can figure out how to use the ice around him he'll be great. And Perron is a very good second liner. So I mean that's not that great tbh. Couple that with 3rd and 4th lines that are also terrible and bang you got a giant mess. Going off what MacT has said recently hes looking to add 2 or 3 forwards this offseason, including a second line center. Brad Richards would be an interesting one, but im not sure hed want to come here. Or they could try and get someone like Grabovski too. Retooling the third line has also got to be a priotity. Depending on how the draft goes, we basically have 0 third liners (assuming Gordon gets moved down to the 4th to have a "tough minutes" line). Guys id be looking for would be Goc, Pouilot, Kulemin, Moss, Penner. A combination of two of those even would be great. Worst comes to worst, Arcobello could fill a third line role and id be happy with that.

Hall-Nuge-Eberle
Perron-Richards-Yakupov
Kulemin-Goc-Arcobello(or player traded for Gags, draft pick perhaps)
Hendricks-Gordon-Joensuu

Not terrible.

Defense is just as dire. We have no first pairing guys really. MacT says he wants to add 2 dmen. One offensively talented top line guys. and one lower level stay at home type player. I was really hoping they could get Stralman for cheap, but since the playoffs it looks like he will get seriously paid. Brian Campbell wants out in Florida and id love if we could get him here, but hes got a no trade clause and what are the odds hed come here. 0% tops. If Stralman is off the table, i wonder what it would take to get someone like Ehrhoff out of Buffalo or Byfuglien out of Winnipeg. Probably a lot. Im curious how theyll swing this offensive dman as they dont exactly grow on trees. oh and Tom Gilbert is great we should get him back exactly what we need and cheap booo. I hear Brayden Coburn is on the oilers radar but i have no idea what wed give up and im guessing it would be too much. Signing someone like Nikitin or Fayne might make more sense

Let's just say we make no trades and this is how itll end up haha

Stralman-Petry
Marincin-Nikitin
Ference-Schultz

not terrible. its going to be very difficult to completely fix this though.
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote