Music Banter - View Single Post - World Cup 2014 thread
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 04:54 PM   #401 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I hate England fans. Not aimed at anyone or anything I've seen in here but I really do.

You know what it is, right? A lot of foreign football fans, especially other home nations, ****ing hate us. They hate us because they perceive us to be delusional, arrogant, unrealistic fans with a sense of entitlement, who believe we can or should be winning everything. To me this is quite clearly bollocks. I don't know a single person who genuinely believes England are gonna win anything. In fact I think the total opposite is true. We revel in defeat. We love it. So many of us, too many of us in my opinion, take great pleasure in Englands shortcomings.

However, even with that said, nights like tonight remind me where these critics are coming from. It reminds me why they think what they do. Too many "I told you they were ****!" comments from smug little ****s who LOVE to be seen as a football fan who wont back their national team. Too many people heaping the blame on two defeats on our best or star players. It's Rooneys fault. It's Gerrards fault. Nobody, not one single person I know, has said a thing about Leighton Baines and the performances he has put in. Not one person has pondered whether Henderson was involved enough. Nobody has said anything about a quiet performance tonight from Sterling.

There's one night every two years when I remember why plenty of people hate the England team and their fans and tonight is the night.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote