Music Banter - View Single Post - World Cup 2014 thread
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #404 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Seeing a fair few on Twatter saying Baines was shit and not taking Cole was bad.

Quote:
Too many "I told you they were ****!" comments from smug little ****s who LOVE to be seen as a football fan who wont back their national team.
One day, we will win a major competition again, it might be 2014, it might be 2016 or it might be decades from now, but we will.

When we do, I hope these lot just keep to their word and stay away from the street parties and parades while the rest of the country is basking in glory and having the time of our lives.

The absolute worst are Man Utd & Liverpool fans. The former because in their heads, they want to believe we purposely want to blame them for absolutely everything and the latter for their 'not English but Scouse' nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanMC View Post
Football is football: fickle and unpredictable. Nobody thought Chile would teach Spain how to play football. Nobody imagined Brazil would need extra help to win their first match. Nobody thought Costa Rica would beat Uruguay. Then, personally, I never imagined England would lose to Italy. Uruguay won't have an easy one against Italy, and you guys are supposed to whitewash Costa Rica hands down. Have England crashed out of the cup this early? I wouldn't be so sure. England must absorb this tough blow and think of nothing but beating Costa Rica. There's a chance and it mustn't be passed up.
Not since 1958 but we didn't even qualify in 1994.

Italy 2-0 Costa Rica
Italy 2-1 Uruguay
England 2-0 Costa Rica

Would see us through. Wouldn't even need to batter Costa Rica just win by two goals.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote