Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #3353 (permalink)
Moss
Scuttle Buttin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef K View Post
Oh, Spiritualized are (is?) even close to me, and are (is?) one of my current favorite artists. Too bad I missed that this is happening.

It was kind of incredible. He opened with "We No Who U R", which was good, but "Jubilee Street" really killed. I'm not a huge fan of the song (I like the latest album but I don't love it), but it might have been the best he did the whole show. "Tupelo" and "Red Right Hand" were great, as you'd imagine. "Mermaids" was comparatively low-key but went really well. He did a couple songs each from The Good Son and The Boatman's Call, which aren't albums I like, but the performances were way better than the studio versions (especially in the case of the two from The Good Son, which were "The Weeping Song" and "The Ship Song", the latter of which was part of the encore). The encore was three songs, and excellent. Honestly, most of the songs were those that he almost had to play, but he really owned that. And most of it was crushingly loud in the best way possible - but the quieter stuff was pretty fantastic as well (especially "God is in the House"). Full setlist.

In short, if you can see a show on this tour, do, especially if this is your first concert of his (like me).
Jubilee is amazing live. One of those songs that is better live than on the album for sure.
Moss is offline   Reply With Quote