Music Banter - View Single Post - Electronica & EDM combination album club! ® (Whew!)
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #118 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Keys N Krates - Blackout EP
1. What were your VERY FIRST impressions on listening to the album, say from the first five minutes in (first time)?
Neutral. I wasn't blown away but I didn't dislike it.

2. Did your first impressions change, i.e., did the album get better or worse as you listened to it (first time)?
Definitely liked it more as I listened.

3. Which was stronger in your opinion, the opening tracks (first 2-3 songs), or the ending tracks (last 2-3 songs)?
I'd say it was pretty even in terms of quality from beginning to end.

4. On repeated listens (if you did so), did you find you liked the album more, or less? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.
I liked it more. I've listened to it several times at this point and definitely now like it more than I did on first listen.

5. What is your favorite track from the album, if you have one?
Probably "Luv to Luv You".

6. What is your least favorite track from the album, if you have one?
I don't think I have one.

7. Did you change your favorite or least favorite track as you listened to the album?
I don't think so.

8. How would you describe the variety of tracks available on this album? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.
Not too much variety, but it's only an EP so that's certainly not a criticism.

9. What is the overall mood on this album?
Cruising in the city at night.

10. Is this an album you would listen to again all the way through (for personal, recreational use, outside of listening to it for this club),
or are there just a few songs that you would listen to?

Yes. I already have several times.

11. How well do you already know the band/artist?
I have never heard of this artist before.

12. If you are familiar with this band/artist, how would you compare this album to any of their earlier/later material?
n/a

13. Do you see any way the album could have been improved?
More complexity to the beats. Kind of surprising they weren't more complex honestly considering that they have a drummer.

14. Would you recommend this album to others?
Sure, assuming they're into trap or other modern electronica.

15. Are you interested in listening to more albums by this band?
Definitely. I could see them moving in other, more interesting directions with their sound.

16. What sub-genre, if any, would you assign this music to?
Trap.

17. (NOTE: Ignore this question if the album does not have lyrics.) Did you like the vocalist? Hate him/her? Any impressions?
I don't think it really had vocals, just some vocal samples. That said, the way the vocal samples were handled was probably my least favorite thing about the music.

18. Your overall album rating on a scale of 1-10
7/10

Any other thoughts you had about this album you would like to share?
While this album didn't amaze me, I could totally see these guys putting out something truly fantastic in the future.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote