Music Banter - View Single Post - Electronica & EDM combination album club! ® (Whew!)
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #119 (permalink)
Deviouz
Music Addict

1. What were your VERY FIRST impressions on listening to the album, say from the first five minutes in (first time)?

I was really impressed! Loved the sample-ridden, 808 rompers in the beginning. Got me anxious for the rest of the EP!

2. Did your first impressions change, i.e., did the album get better or worse as you listened to it (first time)?

Nah, it was pretty consistent.

3. Which was stronger in your opinion, the opening tracks (first 2-3 songs), or the ending tracks (last 2-3 songs)?

Hmmm, this is hard. Prolly last few tracks.

4. On repeated listens (if you did so), did you find you liked the album more, or less? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.

Only spun this once. Picked 'Lucifer' out the bunch and spun that a couple times after, but not the whole EP.

5. What is your favorite track from the album, if you have one?

'Lucifer' & 'Oh Baby'.

6. What is your least favorite track from the album, if you have one?

'Uncle Otis'

7. Did you change your favorite or least favorite track as you listened to the album?

Nope. I knew what I like/disliked first spin.

8. How would you describe the variety of tracks available on this album? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.

Not much variety.

9. What is the overall mood on this album?

I can't really tell. Upbeat, boy-racer, party.

10. Is this an album you would listen to again all the way through (for personal, recreational use, outside of listening to it for this club), or are there just a few songs that you would listen to?

Prolly just 'Lucifer'.

11. How well do you already know the band/artist?

I've heard there other stuff like 'Dum Dee Dum' and their whole Lucid Dreams EP.

12. If you are familiar with this band/artist, how would you compare this album to any of their earlier/later material?

Their sound doesn't differ much, but they have definitely improved their production. If that makes sense. Compared to 'Dum Dee Dum' and a few songs of Lucid Dreams EP, you can hear how clearer they're production has become.

13. Do you see any way the album could have been improved?

Nah, I don't know. Concept? I didn't really like the composition of some of the songs, but they were still listenable. Except for 'Uncle Otis'. That song was weak and should've been scrapped imo.

14. Would you recommend this album to others?

Maybe. But I could recommend their better, later stuff. So, maybe.

15. Are you interested in listening to more albums by this band?

Have. I love 'em!

16. What sub-genre, if any, would you assign this music to?

EDM Trap.

17. Did you like the vocalist? Hate him/her? Any impressions?

Some of the vocal samples used were on point. Others weren't necessary. Like 'Uncle Otis'.

18. Your overall album rating on a scale of 1-10

19. What do you think of the production?

It was good! Dislike 'Uncle Otis' with a passion though. I just didn't get it. Other than that, drum patterns, vocal samples, everything was good.

20. Any other thoughts you had about this album you would like to share?

Weird listening to some vintage KnK. Glad I did though. I can appreciate their latest stuff even more now! Cheers, DJ!

----------------------------------------------

We need more reviews...
butthead aka 216: causes it to run to my c**k
butthead aka 216: u mad

Last edited by Deviouz; 06-23-2014 at 03:19 AM.
Deviouz is offline   Reply With Quote