Music Banter - View Single Post - Iggy Azalea
Thread: Iggy Azalea
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #165 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Why do you like it?

To me, people are always looking for something to bitch about. Is anyone shocked that someone involved in the music industry isn't the most knowledgeable or sensitive about race relations? Its like being outraged that a politician doesn't know **** about the mechanical aspect of 808s.

If this is true, then she spoke about something she doesn't know much about. The difference between her and everyone else is that she's famous and an easy target for a bunch of pseudo-philosophers to appear smart by insulting. I know we have our differences, DJ, so to be clear I don't have any problem with you posting the article, but what passes for journalism and thought these days is really scraping rock bottom. None of it does anything for the betterment of society, its just for the writer to use as a stepping stone to their own Today Show interview.
There's a difference between being a white rapper. I have countless examples in my blog post of how ignorant she is, but that's not the only point. Not only is she ignorant, but she is offended TONS of races while appropriating those same races. THAT is my problem. My problem is that Iggy Azalea is racist as hell, has a stupid accent when she raps that isn't even hers (and don't you dare compare that to when people sing with a British accent or vice versa), she is full of herself, and a lot of these problems wouldn't even EXIST if she wasn't so damned racist.

If she sang and rapped like a normal human being and stopped trying to play up all of these stereotypes, I might have tried to hate her a little less.

Also see: http://instagram.com/p/poCTcWLU8S/
And read those comments. Some people aren't willing to see that PEOPLE ARE MAD. There is literally no reason musically or any other way that Iggy Azalea should be above Nicki Minaj unless it's a RACE issue.

Also, this quote was from a white man so ya'll better get on ya game

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.

Last edited by Arya Stark; 06-24-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote