Music Banter - View Single Post - Iggy Azalea
Thread: Iggy Azalea
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 06:58 AM   #171 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Are we still giving Australians free dipshit passes for that? It's been over 150 years.
I'm not giving her a pass, but she's a POME none-the-less.

Edit:

Obviously that was a joke, but to be fair, I think we're (some) are asking a lot.

Shockingly, people who've dumped countless hours into race relations and its "philosophy" think everyone should be on the same level as they are. Its not the case and most folks aren't in the business of spending every waking moment dumping their time, effort, and energy into what appears to be a fruitless, illusion of progress.

Can we get back to talk about the ****ing music now instead of taking this Lounge-level bull**** out of the Lounge? I agree with DJ that her character voice is a little grating, I often thing "who are you even pretending to be with that affectation?" But Tom Waits once said we become who we are by imitating our idols poorly. I can't begin to say who she's imitating, but I can say that its poorly.

I get the impression listening to what little I have of her that she only studied one of the elements of music, and not the rest - specifically song-craft. Its to the point that I don't think she's interested in how the song goes, I think she's more worried about it "sounding legit" (i.e. that she's not a fake). She apepars to get so caught up in that aspect that it makes what she's doing really out of place.

She's like a Photoshop rapper. You're in the song, fine, but wrap the edges bro. You're not on Geosites anymore.

Last edited by TheBig3; 06-25-2014 at 07:12 AM.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote