Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #2001 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

I hate Simmons. So many of these guys are just hacks.

I thought Callahan was going to get more TBH. Not that I like the deal necessarily, but the market value of top 6 forwards and top 4 defensemen when they're in their late 20s and hit UFA is absolutely nuts.

You know those players hate Gaborik for signing at that low of a cap hit. With the playoff run he had, I'd have to think he could have got more than $2 million more at the same term in UFA. I don't know if I've seen a discount of that magnitude for a trade deadline acquisition. Good on the Kings. Always concerns about injury history with Gaborik, but that's a terrific cap hit for a top line scoring winger on a contender for years to come.

The Bolland demands are nuts. Not only is he not worth that cap hit, but maxing out the term on one of the most injury prone players in the league is crazy. If Toronto gives him 7-8 years, I'd fire Nonis on the spot. The long-term cap situation for that team is absolutely horrendous.

High cap hits for short terms on the other hand are usually completely fine. I say that as someone who doesn't have to pony up the cash for a pro sports team, but in terms of hindering a team's cap situation, it's not a big deal when you don't necessarily have to spend to the cap like a team like Edmonton. Always thought Nikitin was pretty underrated.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote