Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #5360 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

So magic mushrooms were spectacular. My friend didn't react nearly as well to it as I did, we had one in floods of tears and one with the most intense paranoia I have ever witnessed. Can't imagine how good it would have been if my associates were in my mindset, but it's a testament to how much I love the effects that I still had a great time relatively solo.
It's so hard to describe it without falling into cliche.
It's just as if everything breaks down and you reach a Zen like state of understanding. Like music, ideas, emotions, sensations all make so much more sense than they do sober. When you're hallucinating there's so much beauty to be found in a blank white wall, everything is just rich with feeling. I remember saying to myself during 'I never want this to stop, because why continue in the world when I can get this much joy just from the small things'.
For example - I can't swim. From a young age I have had an intense fear of deep water. Then I sat on the side of the canal and I saw the reflections of the street lamps and the moonlight dancing together and making patterns. There was nothing I wanted more than to jump into that canal. The water has never looked so warm and inviting and sensational. Thank goodness I have some restraint because I was close to certain death.
James is offline   Reply With Quote