Music Banter - View Single Post - The many benefits of a child-free life
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 12:51 AM   #451 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
I just think kids are a huge waste of money. I don't see them bringing me the satisfaction that a yearly vacation to some exotic place for the same amount of money would bring.
Same. Ki and I have created a lovely living space (mostly with cats in mind because their reign of terror is limited and they're not known to utterly destroy everything) and without money, it wouldn't have been possible. Because we don't have any damn kids, and never will.

The other day I was at the grocery (mostly for the liquor) and I noticed a sign for some sort of like, 24-48 pack of diapers or whatever and they were $35. I'd have to work for about 3.5 hours to afford that. And all the kid does is shit in them and they go in the garbage. Yeah, fuck that. Anyone could buy a box of condoms (10-15pk) for an average of $7-10 AND a box of tampons (average qty 18-24) for about $5-7. I'll take my safe sex and lifelong periods until I figure out a way to get sterilized or have a hysterectomy without some asshole doctor telling me he THINKS he knows what's best for me (a woman!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Not to mention more beer money.
Schnapps: $8 for hours and hours of enjoyment. HELL YEAH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
Yep. 100%.

Are any of you childless adults in a relationship with someone who wants to have kids? Has it effected your relationship or your opinion of the person?
I was once engaged to someone who wanted children and he'd say stupid stuff like "wouldn't you want a little me or a little you running around??" UM SORRY NO

good riddance, what an assface