Music Banter - View Single Post - Belle & Sebastian
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepStu
that is not correct. there are many fantastic bands on independant labels that are on these labels purely because either they havent been noticed yet by the big-hitters, or they might wish to remain independant.
well, you know, what is fantastic? doesn't it depend on personal taste? yes, i would say that for you a lot of indie bands are fantastic, aswell as hookers and expletive deleted, urban and sweet jane, but for me, bands like , most of them are crap. bands like clor, bloc party and franz ferdinand are not real indie because they are simply too good to be indie, i suspect that if they're still on indie labels ( i know franz is but i'm not sure on the other two ) they're doing it because they choose not to go to big labels ( yes, perhapse to maintain their indepenance ) even though they are more than interested, real indie bands are of no interest to big labels.....of course this is all generalisation, i too like some real indie, but it's very rare...
so, do you want the belle and sebastian? i'm more than willing to share.....

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote