Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 12:48 AM   #1962 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
ha ha. lol

Anyway, in the Slayer vs. Metallica thread, Batty, you just a moment ago mentioned Metallica demos, and I wasn't aware those existed, and this...

...is pretty cool. The Battery instrumental sounds kick ass (it already is, but more) in lo-fi. The vocal version obviously sounds horribly distorted, but I quite like instrumentals of any and all songs, so this is great. Oddly, I found the solo on this version also better, possibly because it's lo-fi.
Actually I was talking about their demo from before they were signed back in 1982.

BTW, "The Mechanix" is actually the song that became "Four Horsemen". It was written by Mustaine when he was still in the band, but he asked them not to record it when they booted him. Their solution was to rewrite it. I'm sure Dave was not pleased.

And this would be the song from the Metal Massacre compilation, which was their first recording. Lars actually formed Metallica just so they could put a song on this record.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote