Music Banter - View Single Post - Slayer vs Metallica
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 04:14 AM   #340 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Oh Janzoon, there is a reason why Master of Puppets is continually cited as the best metal album ever made,while Reign in Blood often pops up between spots 5 and 10.

As for Kill em All, you will never find a bigger advocate of that album on MB than me. The whole thing from start to finish is packed with gripping harmonic guitar riffs. I personally think it walks all over Slayer's Show No Mercy and is a testament of the natural gifted song writing Metallica possessed from the get go.

But it appears Cliff Burton was as important to Metallica as Bon Scott was to AC/DC, so now this debate rages on, early Metallica however, will always be uno numero for me.

I do not know what lists you are looking at, but I often see them hand in hand. I have never seen a list (not counting rateyourmusic or whatever else) where anyone who is seriously into Thrash would rank RiB half way to the end.

Usually those 2 albums compete for top spot.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote