Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #6595 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
I've been rocking an outfit I'm mega happy with so probably won't be changing it much, complete with Dark Brotherhood logo cred on the back of my gray denim vest haha. This is the only one I've played, I've heard a lot of long time fans bitch about 4 though.
The people who aren't turds love 4. It has it's issues plotwise, and it can be kind of buggy, but it's an experience not to be missed that, while it still has the frame of GTA, has evolved far beyond the point of being just a clone.

The reason a lot of fans don't like 3 and 4 as much is because those two aren't quite as grounded in their storytelling I guess. The first two were all about fighting gang warfare and taking over the city, whereas 3 and 4 are much more about being as absurd as they possibly can and the mob war elements tend to suffer because of it. I say those fans are turds because what they really want is Grand Theft Auto. Why they need Saint's Row to remain a GTA clone when they can just play GTA I do not know, but anyone with a sense of humor who doesn't take the games too seriously will love 3 and 4.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote