Music Banter - View Single Post - Need new stuff to listen to. Going insane
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
If I had to choose one song out of all of those, it would be Fields Of Youth since it was written for my daughter.
^ Yes, that`s a nice tranquil track, Plankton and your comment reminds me that you wrote something very positive about parenthood elsewhere on MB.

^ Many thanks for these links. For what they`re worth, these are my impressions of the songs in the order you posted them.-

BB-O-Riley: I love this kind of elec blues instrumental, so this was my favourite. It`s a track I know I`ll be able to listen to again and again without tiring of. (If it`s connected in any way to the famous Who song with a similar title, I don`t hear it.)
Workingclass Hero: Never liked this self-aggrandizing dirge of Lennon`s very much. I felt this version was brought to life by your fuzzy, languid guitar lines which are rather drowned by the vocals. Recently I`ve been listening to some of Duane Allman`s session-work tracks, and the same thing often applies; a vocalist gets the principal credit while the real star is in the background. I wonder how often musicians` feelings change as they play - from happily co-operating on material to resentment at being sidelined? Much the same as in real life, I suppose.
Pat`s House: a good rocking workout. My personal highlight is hearing the vocalist shout, "Come on Plankton!" Recognition at last for my man, the Plank !!
Soundcloud: "Your present browser is not compatable with Soundcloud." - so I`ll be coming back to those in the future, ok?

Quote:
Thanks for checking out my stuff Lisna, you're the best!
^ No no, thank you, Plankton, you`re the best! haha