Music Banter - View Single Post - American Police Brutality
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 04:18 AM   #162 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

The reporting of these bad stories is having a psychological effect on your average citizen to the point where they want to blanket all cops as being evil/****ty so when they interact with police instead of being pleasant and just cooperative. They end up being rude and stand off-ish to the point of resisting. I honestly don't blame them when you hear all the stories about people cooperating and still getting tased to death and even shot with their hands behind their backs it instills fear into individuals. I personally have pleasant experiences with police officers despite my skin color which also can play a factor in how cops treat you. I always make it known as soon as possible that I am a vet or when they ask for ID I just show them my military one and I get a thanks for serving the country along with a change in their attitude if they started out aggressive.

Good cop stories barely get reported. It isn't click bait and doesn't bring news channels higher viewer counts for their ad revenue.

Most police officers don't become cops just to assert authority and mess with people. They do have to pass psych evaluations. I do think having to deal with people constantly disrespecting you day in and day out wears down on you over time and you start to give less of a damn especially when you know that if you accidently mess up your boys and chief back at the station has your back and will help you cover it up.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote