Music Banter - View Single Post - The New Generation and It's Music
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 02:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Black Francis
Out of Place

You can't really compare Bieber to Bowie cause they are 2 different genres and it's not like the pop today is worse than the pop of yesterday, as i recall the New kids on the block wrote the same kinda songs Bieber does today

i used to think like you that the music from older generations was better than the current music of today but i realised that was because that is the music i grew up with and that mentality of thinking they can do no better was actually making me more narrow minded than open minded and i was rejecting things before i gave them a chance.

there are musicians out there making great music, they might not have the exposure bieber has but you can still find their albums on youtube

it's good to appreciate the music of older generations but i think you also gotta look forward to the future of music without the predisposition that is gonna suck.

You are not a hypocrite just for having a preference but i think you should look for the good music of today instead of focusing on the bad ones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote