Music Banter - View Single Post - Searching a somewhat simple music program to create music with
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
JohnMur
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creatingmusic View Post
Psychedelic rock is the genre i much play and some electronic sounds can be good to have.
It seems that you would like the option of adding electronic sounds to your own USB recordings. In this case a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) is the best approach IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
Audacity is free and super basic
Although Audacity is free and a great music editing tool, for multitracking it isn't convenient and doesn't offer software instrument (i.e. synths, orchestral etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creatingmusic View Post
I downloaded Ableton Live 9 but it is maybe unnessecary complicated to learn since i am going to use that many functions and maybe there is an more simple program where you still can put and add USB-recordings and add new sounds to them.
1) Although you need to invest some time in learning the principles of DAWs like Ableton, once you understand one, you can then apply this principle to others like Logic, Pro Tools etc. in the future.
2) Although you may only use a small percentage of the functionality offered by a DAW, it is always there waiting in the background, waiting to be explored. Once you're production skills increase, or your artistic ideas become more complex, you'll appreciate these options.

Are you on PC or MAC? Personally I use Ableton but started out years ago to make music with MAGIX. It is a solid entry level DAW with an active community. That being said, there are an abundance of tutorials online and in youtube for Ableton...
JohnMur is offline   Reply With Quote