Music Banter - View Single Post - Need new stuff to listen to. Going insane
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Many thanks for putting a link to so many songs, Plankton. It`s a real treasure trove.
No problem. There's quite a bit more.

SoundClick artist: PRD Ideas - page with MP3 music downloads

SoundClick artist: PRD Solo Project - page with MP3 music downloads

SoundClick artist: PRDMonstrosity - page with MP3 music downloads

Quote:
On both, I really loved the soaring guitar; am I right in thinking that Lucky Man has some special electronic treatment to the guitar part?
No special treatment, I was using a Les Paul Goldtop with a DOD Death Metal Pedal at the time for Lucky Man, which is me playing with a good friend in his kitchen. He used to record us every time I'd come over, and we did a few coffee shop tours in the 90's. The Dark was something I did for a guitar competition, and Driving Jazz is a collaboration with an online friend.

Quote:
Very interesting to hear what was going on in the studio - that sounds like an amusing moment. Does "our cover band" mean that you have a band specially for doing song covers, and then you do your own instrumental compositions apart?
Yes, I'm in 4 different bands, as well as do my own thing (Planktons Odyssey). Two of which are on hiatus right now (Loud Mouth Dog, and K|S|P Project). Beyond The Z is our cover band, which doesn't have any gigs at the moment, but that changes from week to week, and the last one "The Makeshifts" will be playing a small festival in MI coming up in Aug. It'll be our 3rd time in 6 years (a semi-annual fest).

Here's a couple band practice recordings from Beyond The Z. Play On is just a random improvisation we did while waiting for our other guitar player, and Too Rolling Stoned is a Robin Trower cover. We have a huge setlist, but these are from the only time we recorded at band practice with one mic placed in the center of the room:
SoundClick artist: Beyond The Z - page with MP3 music downloads

...and here's a live show recording of us covering Black Sabbath's Snowblind (sound quality is pretty bad). I'm playing the lead guitar parts as well as the rhythm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFMOD8ugU9s

Quote:
I guess there`s almost always a backstory to how a musician chooses a title for an instrumental. Thanks for explaining about BB -O-Riley. Next backstory explanation, if you`re in the mood anytime, is about your name. I wonder why you chose "Plankton", and for how long he has been your alter-ego?
There are millions of aspiring guitar players out there swimming around in the musical sea just waiting to get swallowed up by larger organisms (record labels, etc.). Also, and alter explanation would be that a guitar is affectionately known as a plank, and I play a ton of music on it. I've been using Plankton since around 2006.

As you can see, I love to play. I really didn't want to turn this into a Plankton thread, but it's a bit late for that. Thanks again Lisna, it's people like you that keep the flame burning.