Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape
Thread: Rape
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 09:47 PM   #132 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
See this is what annoys me, it's the cultural, patriarchal "what-men-are-expected-to-do" standards that they take on and are identified by it that seeps in, influences your own individual identity, whether indirectly or directly. Because a) it's some sort of way of fitting into societies image or standards to gain worth or b) some need to understand societies judgments or actions and what it means about yourself.

It has nothing to do with you being a male and everything to do with making choices, ultimately.

I'm sorry but biological reasons of what rape accomplishes being inbred in males... No. Reject the ****ing characterizations and maybe there will be a change. Think for yourself and maybe there will be a change. Get rid of the illusions of what you're entitled to because of cultural, social standards and maybe there will be a change. We are capable of this and that is what we need to use.
Absoutely correct. I don't blame men as a whole. I focus on the individual who is doing the rape/assault, regardless of sex. The problem is not men, but the response and attitude towards rape victims.