Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm getting brain surgery
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Holy hell. My peripheral vision has almost entirely deteriorated over the course of my lifetime but to not be aware of it would be remarkable. I'm glad it's not glaucoma or macular degeneration, though. My grandma has MD and the shots she's had to take (directly into her eyes) haven't been covered by insurance.

It's crazy how a person can have a stroke (or many strokes) without even noticing a problem. (My mom's had a few mild strokes over the years - they've caused her to be partially disabled and I truly think she's showing signs of early dementia.) Really scary stuff. Hoping for good (or at least non-life-threatening) news for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
How do you have a stroke and not know it?
My mom had no idea when they happened to her, but they found a few lesions on MRI scans that suggested a stroke. She's dealt with slurred speech sometimes and has taken many falls due to complete lack of balance but she's never noticed anything out of the ordinary (or what she could call ordinary at this point). It happens. Mild strokes can happen and you don't even know it. It's freaky.